Top 5 Reasons to Upgrade to LED Light Bulbs In Greenville
Did you know that the average family in South Carolina pays around $132 per month for electricity? Even though the median family income is lower than the national average, the electricity bill is an average of 23% higher than the national average. In Greenville, specifically, residential electricity usage is around $10 per kWh or kilowatt per hour. Because of the higher electricity usage, one Greenville electrician says that LED light bulbs are the way to go when choosing lighting for your home or office.
Whether it is traditional light fixtures or recess lighting, not only are they a pain to install without a professional but the traditional light bulbs can eat up energy causing you to have a higher electricity bill. While many new constructions come with the halogen, incandescent, or fluorescent bulbs, it may be time to consider an upgrade to LED light bulbs for your recessed light fixtures.
On the market since 1997, LED lighting has become the bulb to use for saving energy and brighter lighting. Over the past 20 years, LED light bulbs have evolved into the conventional bulb replacer, with many people deciding to purchase them over the fluorescent, halogen, or incandescent bulbs. There are many advantages to switching from bulbs to LED. Let’s look at top 5 reasons LED bulbs are better than traditional bulbs below:
- LED Bulbs Last Longer - After many completed tests and experiments throughout the years, it has been proven that LED bulbs last much longer than conventional bulbs. Almost 50 times longer to be precise. This means that you won’t have to constantly be replacing bulbs as well as lower maintenance costs. The average LED light will last approximately 11 years when it is used an average of 12 hours per day. Unlike traditional bulbs, LED light bulbs won’t burn out but instead will just become dimmer over time.
- Environmentally Friendly - Traditional incandescent or halogen bulbs use a lot of energy during their lifetime which could translate into higher greenhouse gas emissions. LED bulbs, when compared to their traditional counterpart, uses 1/6 as much energy. A greater reduction in energy usages translates to a healthier environment and a lower electricity bill.
- Price - When you buy LED bulbs, you’re not just buying another light bulb. LED light bulbs can be considered an investment. Because LED bulbs last a very long time compared to the traditional bulbs, it is a very wise investment. Most people often ask why should someone pay more upfront for an LED light bulb. The answer is simple. Because the bulb will last longer as well as lower energy bills, you will be saving money in the long run. For example, if a house has 25 light bulbs and all of them are switched to LED, that household will save close to $7,000 over the lifetime of the LED bulb.
- Less Heat From Bulbs but Brighter Light - If you have ever had to change a light bulb, you know the pain of touching a hot bulb right after it has blown out. With LED bulbs, less heat is emitted therefore eliminating this problem. No ultraviolet or infrared light comes from LED bulbs, creating a more safe atmosphere for humans, pets, and furniture. By switching to LED bulbs, you will also create a brighter room. By creating a “warm white” color, these bulbs will create a comfortable atmosphere in any room.
- Advanced Technology with LED Bulbs - So you’ve left the house to go somewhere and you realize that you forgot to turn off your LED recessed light bulb in your bedroom. Don’t worry because, with LED bulbs, the technology to turn them off is as simple as a press of a button on your phone. That’s right, many LED bulbs and equipment can be turned off or dimmed by using your smartphone.
So are you considering the switch to LED light bulbs? Are you ready to save money? If so, you should contact a local Greenville electrical company, Upstate Electrical Solutions. Go ahead and save money by switching bulbs today. It doesn’t matter if you have recessed lighting or otherwise, we can help you upgrade your lights. We provide upfront pricing so there are no hidden fees as well as emergency 24/7 services.
Please contact Upstate Electrical Solutions today. Once an appointment is made, we will send our licensed and professional electricians to your home or business to complete the job.
is a Licensed Master Electrician with more than 20 years of experience with Residential and Commercial electrical projects. Contact Ian directly at 864.834.9955
or Click Here to Schedule Electrical Service
for Greenville & Upstate SC customers. Upstate Electrical Solutions is a member of the Better Business Bureau
. Check out our 5-Star reviews on Google
. Our reliable service comes with upfront pricing and a 100% Money Back Guarantee