When Should You Consider Circuit Breaker Replacement?
Circuit breaker replacement is vital to your home’s electricity. If not, you may just have to get used to living by candle or flashlight, as you may have no electricity at all. Replacing a circuit breaker can be an economical investment in protecting your home while avoiding damage to your appliances and fixtures and protecting your family. They are a valuable first line of defense in home safety, but are often overlooked, mainly because they are located in less visible areas like basements. This means a serious problem within the panel can form without you having any idea.
Not replacing your circuit panel in time may result in a wide range of problems that will make just trying to live in your home stressful on its own. These problems include flickering lights, poor performance from your appliances, damage to essential lights and appliances, lower property damage, and a higher risk of your home experiencing an electrical fire. Before your home turns into a giant safety hazard, you need to act fast in identifying the signs you need replacement, but how? The truth is that identifying problems with your circuit panel isn’t as difficult as you may think. All it really takes is a little studying up so you’ll be spotting the warning signs of a problem like a pro!
Why Should You Call Upstate Electrical Solutions?
When you need your circuit breaker panel replaced, please call Upstate Electrical Solutions
today for electrical service. Our electricians’ number-one goal is to provide you with safe, efficient electricity, and it all begins with making sure you have a new circuit breaker. We’ll swap out that old circuit breaker and replace with something brand new guaranteeing both electrical safety and long-lasting performance. Thanks to our service, you will receive plenty of benefits that will make your life so much easier. Since you won’t have a faulty circuit breaker that won’t damage your most essential lights and appliances, you won’t have to worry so much over having to replace them in the near future. You will also notice improved convenience around the house, especially when you’ll be able to use those same appliances to their fullest extent. But most importantly, you will be able to keep your home safe from the threat of an electrical fire. Once you and your family have guaranteed safety, you’ll be able to relax so much more in your home. Circuit breaker replacement may not be the first thing on your mind, but replacing it when the time is right will ensure you’re able to achieve a better peace of mind.
5 Warning Signs You Need to Replace Your Circuit Breaker
So, how do you know when to consider circuit breaker replacement? The next time you take a look around your home, please be on the lookout for any of these warning signs:
- Burning Smells: Are you noticing a burning odor permeating throughout your home or coming from the panel itself? This means wires and insulation have become overheated. They are failing to protect your home from an electrical short elsewhere. Shut off the main power to the house and call an electrician at Upstate Electrical Solutions for emergency service.
- Old Age: Though circuit breakers can last decades, a panel that hasn’t been serviced in more than ten years is more likely to fail. Having an electrician at Upstate Electrical Solutions inspect your panel is a wise investment as it may mean a world of difference in how conveniently you will be able to live in your home.
- Breakers Tripping Frequently: A circuit breaker will trip when too much power is being drawn through it to protect your entire home. If a breaker is tripping every time you turn on a particular appliance like the microwave or vacuum cleaner, it may be on the verge of failing. An electrician at Upstate Electrical Solutions will be able to determine if it’s simply a bad breaker or if you need to add a circuit to your home.
- Physical Damage: If you notice scorch marks around the breaker, at an outlet or appliances that are failing due to melted wires, you need to call us for electrical rewiring service as soon as possible. A melted wire is one step away from your entire house going up in flames. Place a call to one of our electricians and unplug all fixtures from that circuit.
- Breaker Will Not Stay Reset: If you have had to reset the breaker over the past several months, it simply won’t stay on for any period time. The breaker has probably failed by that point. However, your electrician will check the entire circuit to make sure further damage wasn’t done to the wiring.
is a Licensed Master Electrician with more than 20 years of experience with Residential and Commercial electrical projects. Contact Ian directly at 864.834.9955
or Click Here to Schedule Electrical Service
for Greenville & Upstate SC customers. Upstate Electrical Solutions is a member of the Better Business Bureau
. Check out our 5-Star reviews on Google
. Our reliable service comes with upfront pricing and a 100% Money Back Guarantee