7 Indicators You Need Electrical Rewiring Right Now
Electrical rewiring is absolutely essential for your household. Though your wiring is designed to last you a long time, there will come a point where you will need an upgrade or else you are putting the safety of your family at risk. However, this hazard hasn’t stopped homeowners time and time again from picking up on when the time is right to actually call for rewiring service, mainly because the wiring is often taken for granted. When you really think about it, how difficult would life be in your home without it? You wouldn’t be able to use your most essential lights and appliances, meaning daily life in your home would suddenly become majorly inconvenient. Worse, without safe wiring in your home, you’re putting your household at risk of experiencing an electrical fire. In fact, the U.S. Fire Administration reports that hundreds of deaths and billions of dollars in damages were caused in 2014 due to faulty electricity, and bad wiring will only make things worse. With that said, you need to identify the signs of a problem immediately, but how? Well, all it may take is a closer look at your home’s electrical system and you may just find the time for rewiring service is right now!
How Can Upstate Electrical Solutions Help You?
At Upstate Electrical Solutions, we stop at nothing to guarantee your satisfaction. If you need rewiring, we should be your first choice for service. Our electricians are trained, fully-licensed to handle any rewiring or repair you may need to both improve your home’s electrical system and your safety. After all, your well-being and the well-being of your family is our top priority. If it means giving your home durable, longer-lasting wiring, we’re more than up for the task. We’ll make sure to give your home a close inspection to look over any areas where rewiring may be needed. Thanks to our help, you’ll be able to live comfortably in your home, especially when you no longer have to worry about faulty electricity putting your safety at risk. Even better, you’ll save money on property damage and electrical repair, as your lights and appliances will continue to work to the best of their abilities without any interruption. Your lights and appliances will also enjoy a much a longer lifespan, meaning you’ll enjoy greater convenience around the house. But most importantly, our work ensures you’ll walk away with a better understanding on your electrical system so the next time you suspect a problem with your wiring, you’ll be able to spot the warning signs like a pro.
When you’re looking for warning signs letting you know rewiring needs to be done soon, be on the lookout for these 10 common indicators:
- Frequently Dimming Lights: This problem may not seem inconvenient at first, but it can turn out to be quite the disruption for everyday life in your home. It can become difficult to do things like reading, studying, cooking, or even just walking through your home. You need electrical rewiring and quickly so your lights work consistently.
- Outlets Hot to the Touch: Your outlets shouldn’t be feeling hot when you’re using them. Hot outlets are a sign of faulty wiring and if you don’t do anything about them soon, you’ll be putting your home at risk for an electrical fire.
- Aluminum Wiring: Though popular during the ‘60s and ‘70s due to a price increase in copper, aluminum wiring is now considered unsafe and outdated. This type of wiring is prone to contracting and expanding during seasonal temperature changes, leading to looser connections and a higher chance of a fire. Call for electrical rewiring service immediately to switch to copper.
- Frequent Circuit Breaker Trips: Though it is normal for the circuit breaker to trip every now and then, having it frequently trip is a sign of a problem. It hints that you are overloading the breaker’s safety capacity and you need to fix it before it puts the safety of your household at risk.
- No GFCI Outlets: Do you not have ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI) in your home yet? Then you’re missing out on a key component of electrical safety. GFCI outlets are perfect for areas of your home where water and electricity mix, as it will stop the electrical flow when it senses any irregular flow of current. It can protect your family from the threat of electrical shock.
- Frayed Wiring: Frayed wiring is one of the most hazardous signs telling you the time for electrical rewiring is now. Frayed wiring can easily lead to electrical fires and is usually a sign of amateur electrical work. Make sure you call a service professional at Upstate for durable rewiring to avoid this problem.
- Burning Smells: Are you smelling burning plastic? Give that wiring a check immediately. It may just indicate a fire is well on its way to spreading. Conduct a full inspection around your home to determine where the smell is coming from before calling for electrical rewiring service.
Contact Upstate Electrical Solutions today if you want to learn more on how to make sure your home is kept safe thanks to our electrical rewiring!
is a Licensed Master Electrician with more than 20 years of experience with Residential and Commercial electrical projects. Contact Ian directly at 864.834.9955
or Click Here to Schedule Electrical Service
for Greenville & Upstate SC customers. Upstate Electrical Solutions is a member of the Better Business Bureau
. Check out our 5-Star reviews on Google
. Our reliable service comes with upfront pricing and a 100% Money Back Guarantee