Electrical System Upgrades
Upstate Electrical Solutions can upgrade your home's wiring and electrical system to a modern, safe and reliable electric system with minimal interruption of power.
Your electrical system is one of the unsung heroes of your home. It keeps you connected to the internet, helps you stay cool during hot summers, lets you enjoy light at any hour of the night, and helps deliver unending entertainment your way – and all with the flick of a switch.
Because your electrical system is always there when you need it, it's easy to overlook. But electrical outlets, circuits, circuit breakers, and even your electrical panel itself wear out over time. If you've noticed any glitches in the flow of your electricity, it may be time for an electrical service upgrade.
It's Time to Upgrade Your Electrical System
Your electrical system has a useful life of anywhere from 25 to 40 years. If you live in a house that wasn't brand new when you bought it, that means there's a good chance that you're well overdue for an electrical system upgrade
In some cases, that bottom number of 25 years isn't accurate. Exposure to the elements can shorten the useful life of your circuit breaker panel
. Placing a higher-than-normal load on the panel can also wear it out faster than usual.
You may even have an electrical panel that makes use of obsolete circuit breakers that pose a real danger to your home. Take a look at your electrical panel to see if it comes from Zinsco
, or Federal Pacific Electric (FPE)
. If so, you need an immediate electrical service upgrade for the safety of yourself and your household.
Sure, you might prefer to upgrade your landscaping — something you can actually see. But an electrical system upgrade is often the most important improvement you can make to your home, given the need to keep your family safe. And you're likely to reap a reward in terms of greater energy efficiency and lower power bills. As your Greenville electricians
we're always ready at Upstate Electrical Solutions to give you the help you need.
Reasons for an Electrical Service Upgrade
There are many reasons that an electrical system upgrade should be at the top of your priority list for your home. Take a look at these indications that you're in immediate need of an electrical service upgrade
. If any of them apply to you, give us a call at Upstate Electrical Solutions to see how we can help.
- Power failure due to storm damage. If you've experienced damage to the overhead electrical lines leading to your home due to high winds or ice, you're likely to need significant electrical work.
- Old electrical equipment. Remember that 25-40 year average life span for your electrical system? Do you even know how old your home's electrical system is? If you have old fuse boxes with screw-in or cartridge fuses, the time for your upgrade is yesterday. Your electrical system wears out just like your plumbing or other home infrastructure. The difference is: When your plumbing goes out, it doesn't cause immediate danger to your household.
- Defective electrical panels. As we mentioned above, if your electrical system includes panels from Zinsco, FPE, Pushmatic, or ITE, you're lucky that you haven't experience a serious safety issue already. Call right away for recommendations on how to restore your home to safety.
- Your electrical system can't handle the demands you place on it. In particular, increased demand from your HVAC (heating and air conditioning) systems can overwhelm your electrical system's ability to provided the needed power. If you've added air conditioning to your home, for instance, you may require an electrical system upgrade to get everything to work properly.
- You see signs of an overloaded distribution board. Do you experience flickering lights? Do your circuit breakers trip regularly, sending you outdoors to do a manual reset? Is your electrical panel warm to the touch? These are all clear warning signs that you have a problem in your electrical system. Don't ignore them! You may just need replacement of some faulty parts, or you may be seeing the early signs of the need for a full electrical service upgrade. Call right away for your safety.
- You're experiencing odd electrical reactions at your outlets and switches. Do you hear crackling or popping sounds when you flip on a light switch? That's not normal, and it's not safe. Do you have outlets that don't work? Again, that's a sign of a problem. If you ignore it, you run the risk of a true electrical emergency (maybe even one of those middle-of-the-night calls for help that nobody wants). Yes, a non-functional outlet may seem like a little thing. But there's a good chance it's not working because of a loose connection — which is actually a point of resistance in the electrical circuit. That point of resistance causes heat to build up, which can result in an electrical fire.
Keeping your electrical system upgraded is key to safety, even if it's invisible when you look around your home. As your Greenville electricians, we want to help keep you safe (and warm, and well-lit).
Why Call Upstate Electrical Solutions
It's one thing to hire your next-door-neighbor's brother or your favorite handyman to take care of repairs to your deck. But you never want to hire a general handyman to work on your electrical system.
Electricians are trained, licensed, and insured
for a reason. That's because dealing with electricity is complex and dangerous. When you hire a licensed electrician from Upstate Electrical Solutions, you know the person working on your electrical system knows the current electrical codes inside and out. They know when permits are required (and they'll take care of that for you), and they've passed some really tough tests to confirm that they know what they're doing. That alone is worth peace of mind today, not to mention safety in the future.
Your licensed electrician from Upstate Electrical Solutions is an expert who can help you understand what your home needs right now and what it might need going forward. Do you need a second electrical panel to handle the demand of your new home office or your major kitchen remodel? Is it time for electrical meter replacement? Your electrician can answer all your questions.
At Upstate Electrical Solutions, our master electricians are fully licensed
and have more than 20 years of experience, so they have the knowhow you need to handle your electrical service upgrade.
In addition, at Upstate Electrical Solutions, we have spent decades establishing great relationships with all the local power companies in the Greenville area as well as with the local inspectors. That means your electrical service upgrade can go forward smoothly and quickly, restoring you to full power as quickly as possible.
At Upstate Electrical Solutions, we treat you with respect. We quote you prices in writing before we get to work, and we answer all your questions. We're happy to show you proof of insurance and licensing. We obtain all the needed permits, and we work in full coordination with your local power company to make sure all power disconnections and reconnections are handled safely.
And we make sure all work is inspected and signed off on before we consider the job finished. That alone sets us apart from some local contractors, who skip the inspection step just to save a little money (or to hide work that's not up to code). Why is an inspection important? Because if you ever want to sell your home, everyone involved in the sale, from the buyer to their insurance company, will want to know that the electrical work you had performed was done legally by a licensed electrician and is up to code. At Upstate Electrical Solutions, we can promise you all of that — and we offer a 100% customer satisfaction money-back guarantee
to back it up.
You can confirm that we're the right electrical contractor for your needs by checking out our reviews at Yelp, Facebook, Google Reviews, and the Better Business Bureau
. Our satisfied customers will let you know that we have your safety and your best interests in mind.
Invest in Safety Today With Your Electrical Service Upgrade
When you need electrical work done, you want to hire the right company. Give us a call today at Upstate Electrical Solutions to get all your questions answered. We're ready to help you take the smart steps you need to protect your own safety.
Call Upstate Electrical Solutions today at 864.834.9955 - we are here to help.